As individuals and as a community, from time to time we all encounter trials, traumas and experiences that expose our vulnerabilities. Whether it be from financial distress, life’s circumstances or natural disasters, Parkerville Community Care (“Parky Care”) exists to enrich people’s lives by helping them find a sense of purpose and inner fulfilment after encountering such trials and traumas.
As an ACNC registered public benevolent institution with deductible gift recipient status and affiliated with Parkerville Baptist Church Inc, Parky Care supports people residing across the Shire of Mundaring and the eastern fringe of the City of Swan (Gidgegannup).
Parky Care initiatives include:
- The Village – The Village is all about giving mums a space to explore & embrace motherhood together, because motherhood was never something we were meant to do alone!
- Wooroloo Community Resilience Program – In partnership with the Wooroloo Community Team, Parky Care is supporting a range of initiatives aimed at building community resilience following the February 2021 and January 2022 bushfires.
- Parenting Programs – Through a collaboration with the Midvale Hub Parenting Service, Parky Care offers Eastern Hills families access to a suite of highly regarded parenting courses.
- CAP Money Courses – Whatever you’re trying to achieve — getting on top of debts, assessing your current spending or learning to have a healthier relationship with money — the free CAP Money course can help.
- Community Pantry – Through our partnership with Feed It Forward Inc, Parky Care sources waste food weekly from Coles Mundaring on Tuesdays and Wednesdays to help families in need in the Eastern Hills community.
- Garden Clean-up Team – Purposed to assist the elderly and physically disabled members of our hills community that may be referred by the Shire of Mundaring from time to time, the Garden Cleanup team provides much needed social connection and garden tidying services.
- Firewood Sales – Proceeds from all firewood sales go towards funding creche carer services, essential for The Village and parenting programmes.
Click on the link below to take a look around our Parky Care website to find out more about what we do and how you can be part of it!