Love God, love others, make disciples.
That’s the Commission Jesus left his followers. At Parky, it’s our mission to do this by sharing our lives and creating pathways that inspire people to wholeheartedly follow Jesus. We wouldn’t be able to do this without the many people who invest their time and energy to help and serve others.
Below is a current list of ministries in need of volunteers. If you see something that might suit you then please contact the church office via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Audio Visual – roles are currently available for people to operate the video camera to record sermons, operate the sound system for Sunday services, or the presentation computer displaying sermon slides and worship.
- Communion prep – supply, preparation and cleanup of the Communion Ministry. Extra help is only needed a few times a year.
- Flower arrangements – help provide flower arrangements for the Sunday services.
- Garden help – a team that goes out to people’s properties and helps with garden maintenance. This is irregular work and usually done on a Friday, Saturday or Monday morning.
- Greeters – help to welcome people at the door on a Sunday morning and help build connections for those who are new to Parky and others.
- KidsMin – more leaders are needed to go on the roster to help run the primary-aged kids program during the Sunday service.
- Leaf blowing – a roster of people who blow the leaves and honkey nuts off the carpark and verandahs on Saturdays in preparation for the Sunday services.
- Pantry food pickup – picking up food from Coles in conjunction with Feed it Forward to be delivered to the Parky Care Community Pantry for those in need. Tuesday or Wednesdays around lunchtime.
- Sunday Creche – help watch our littlest attendees (up to kindy age) in the creche whilst their parents attend the service in the main auditorium.
- Youth – leaders to help run the Friday Night Youth program.
There are many opportunities for you to make your unique contribution to our Parky community and invest in the lives of others. We invite you to contact us about any of these or other areas where you think you might be able to help!
The fine print: Our preference is for our volunteers to have been regularly attending Parky for at least 6 months to help better understand the culture of our church. A number of our roles (not all of them) require endorsement via references and police checks to enable us to best serve our Parky church community, and of course any roles involving contact with kids will require a Working With Children’s Check. We will let you know what’s involved when you enquire!